Before we dive into what DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™ is all about, let's talk about who it's really for...
- You know a thing or two about being smart and savvy when it comes to sticking to your wedding budget.
- You’re an "I can totally figure that out!" kind of bride who is doing most of the heavy lifting when it comes to wedding planning.
- Planning your wedding is FAR from the only thing on your plate. Be it college, kids or (and?) a full time job - you’re deep in the throes of navigating through the overwhelm and chaos of pulling together THE biggest celebration of your life while also juggling 100 other daily responsibilities.
If any of this resonates with you...
go ahead and do a little happy dance, because this is 100% where you belong!
By the end of this program,
you will have…
Developed clear, realistic expectationsthat perfectly blend together your dream wedding desires with wedding industry standards. There will be no day-of “oops, didn’t know that, now it’s too late” surprises for you.
Found a quick and easy way back to making your engagement experience fun and exciting againwith just a simple shift in mindset.
Learned the number one mistake people make when self-planning their weddingand the crazy-pants-awesome-with-sprinkles-on-top simple way to avoid it (psst ... this 3-minute activity will literally change EV.ER.Y.thing!)
Discovered new ways to identify where you need helpand how to ask for it in such a way where your friends and family feel included and useful (not used - ick!)
Tapped into all the secrets of a stress-free weddingensuring you don’t work one, signal, solitary minute on your wedding day. It’s all pampering, bubbly and starry-eyes for this bride.
Implemented the proven 4-step system to planning with E.A.S.Esetting yourself up to enjoy not only the wedding day, but the entire wedding weekend, wedding week, and even wedding month. You will have completely flipped the script, from the predestined last-minute mad dash to a big, bright, blissful month-long bash!
Crafted your own fool-proof communication plan used only by professional wedding planners so everyone - from wedding party to hired pros - are on the same page.Your wedding day team will know where to go, who to go to (hint: not you!), what to do, when to do it by, and more (oh so much more … can you feel the excitement yet?!)
"[DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy] is such a need. It’s either you pay thousands of dollars for a planner OR you just have to do it on your own and jump in blind. So this is that perfect little thing in the middle. I wish I had enrolled in this program a year ago. This perspective from someone who has done this before is so invaluable."
Jenny, WedEd Bride
"[DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy] helped tremendously in my planning process as we did not have room in the budget for any kind of wedding coordinator. The information provided during the program is all stuff that I had wondered about but never really knew the specifics of. I can’t thank everyone enough for helping me to get organized so that I could enjoy my wedding day!”
- Jennifer, WedEd Bride
Getting all the information all in one place was so helpful, not just for us but for everyone helping us on our wedding day. I love that there was a conscious inclusion for same-sex couples - I didn’t feel out of place. When we looked for wedding vendors, there were some that weren’t interested in working with us. It was great to feel like it didn’t matter."
- Tia, WedEd Bride
"This program pointed out things that I hadn't thought of - even being in the industry - and gave me the tools to be more organized in general. I love the focus on delegating and making sure the bride and groom are not the point person on the wedding day."
- Sam, WedEd Bride + Florist
Inside DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™
you'll learn how to Plan your wedding with E.A.S.E.
Step 1 (E)
Evaluating and Shifting Expectations
Does it feel like you’ve exited out of engagement euphoria land and entered into a not-so inviting realm full of planning overwhelm and information overload? (Thanks a lot, Pinterest and Google gods.)
It’s in this very first step where you’ll start to get your life back again as you rewire your mindset, thought processes and wedding expectations. It sounds dramatic and exaggerated on this side of things, but once you go through this module you will come out on the other side realizing that your entire future has just had a major, powerful shift.
- Learn the top two mistakes brides make when self-planning their wedding and how to avoid them. You’ll gain quick momentum and excitement by making a few key decisions right away.
- Get realigned and refocused on remembering the most important thing for your wedding day. You will have a truly eye-opening, aha experience as you compare and contrast the realities of wedding planning in a whole new light.
- Begin down an exciting new path towards a big, blissful bash leading up to your wedding day (instead of the rushed and frenzied mad dash most DIY brides experience).
Step 2 (A)
Activating Your Delegation Plan
How many times have you thought “there is no way I’m not going to have to [setup, greet vendors, direct guests, pin boutonnieres, fluff my own dang dress] on my wedding day”?
In Step 2 you’ll continue on in the journey of planning your wedding with E.A.S.E as you discover the art of delegation. You'll learn just how simple it can be to ask for help with confidence. You’ll know exactly what you need, be able to identify the best person for each task at hand, and learn how to include friends and family in your wedding day celebration (not use them).
- Discover the secrets of delegating wedding tasks like a pro, in such a way where those who help you in creating the wedding of your dreams, feel empowered, included and a useful part of your celebration.
- Learn how to set ground rules for task delegation and enjoy an efficient, streamlined way of making sure you don’t forget even the smallest of details (who will light the candles, hand out sparklers, cue the DJ, fluff my dress …)
- Get your hands on the step-by-step guide for batching your DIY items - centerpieces, signs, favors (oh my!) - in a way that is just as productive as it is fun! If you’ve been consumed with worry, perhaps even literally convinced, that you will still be cutting, gluing and spray-painting ON the wedding day, well we have some awesome-rainbow-glitter news: The worry stops here.
Step 3 (S)
Streamlining, Optimizing, and Organizing Your Wedding Details
Are you feeling a bit scattered? Do you find yourself worrying that you will have spent all this time planning, agonizing, scrutinizing ... only to realize at the last minute you’ve forgotten some really key details?
In Step 3 you’ll learn how to pull all your wedding details together with a step-by-step, easy-to-manage wedding planning blueprint. You’ll work methodically and effectively, going from overwhelm and all over the place, to a level of confidence and organization you never dreamed possible.
- Map out your entire wedding from contacts to diagrams to timeline through the magical power of a wedding planner's best kept secret: the production schedule.
- Follow a proven path designed by someone who's gone before you and done this a time or two (over 1,000 times to be exact). In other words, things just got a whole lot easier!
- Learn the proven tips and tricks professionals use to keep their momentum moving forward in planning out wedding logistics, even when all the details are not quite ironed out (or completely missing). Get ready to achieve total clarity about where you’re going and how you’re going to get there.
Step 4 (E)
Enacting an Effective Communication Strategy
The secret to any successful wedding is good communication. But there's an art to it for sure! Everything will start to come together effortlessly in this last step as you learn the do’s and don'ts of effective communication when it comes to your wedding day.
- Learn the three W’s of effective wedding communication so you don’t have to do a thing the week (or even month) of the wedding.
- Discover how to format your wedding communication - what to write, when to write it, what to include and when to send.
- Gain access to industry templates that will have your wedding professionals and wedding party alike raving about how amazing and organized you are. It wouldn’t be unheard of to hear “holy heck! How did you do this all?? You are superwoman!” (Shhh… this will be our little secret. We won’t tell if you won’t.)
When you enroll, you'll get:
DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™
Step-by-Step, Actionable Instruction
Showing you literally everything you need to rid your life of that unnecessary, unwanted wedding planning stress and overwhelm and prepare you for a wedding day you will actually enjoy, not work!
Professional insight on how to delegate wedding tasks like a pro
Making guests feel useful and included (not used and taken advantage of), and a foolproof plan for making sure you don’t work a minute of your wedding day!
A step-by-step system for simplifying and streamlining the wedding planning process
Providing you with a proven path that has been designed by someone who has been a part of over 1,000 weddings, the majority of which were DIY weddings just like yours! You’ll gain all the clarity you need to confidently know you have thought of every single detail for your wedding day.
A next level communication strategy
That gives you the upper hand in maximizing your planning efforts and ensures a smooth, stress-free wedding day where everyone is on the same page. (Oh! And bonus. It will totally make you look like the most bomb-as$ bride ever!)
A powerful shift for your future
You’ll go from a path destined for a rushed and frantic wedding week likely full of forgotten details, to a wedding month overflowing with meaningful moments and celebrations.
Plus These Bonuses to Help You Gain Further Clarity, Confidence and Professional Support in Planning Your DIY Wedding Celebration
Creating and Communicating Your Inclement Weather Plan
Here's something that may surprise you: you absolutely need an inclement weather plan for your wedding ... regardless of if it is outdoors OR indoors. This mini course will walk you step-by-step through everything you need to know and think about when developing your backup Plan B for your wedding week.
What You’ll Get:
- A simple and proven system for preparing for your wedding day like a pro and in such a way that should you need it, you can quickly grab your Inclement Weather Plan (IWP) and swiftly + effortlessly put it into action.
- A quick and easy way to maximize your wedding day bliss knowing you have literally thought of every, single thing - the good, the bad, the likely and the nearly impossible.
- Brief but powerful video tutorials and a super-duper comprehensive checklist. We'll be covering everything from who to contact to what to ask to what supplies to get to what to do before and on the wedding day to how to communicate and with whom ... (and more ... so much more!)
Full Access Bonus
Access recordings of past Live Series + Q&A series. You'll also get exclusive invites to all future live series events as well as the recordings.
What You’ll Get:
- Kristi Huss with Travel Savvi, shares all about finding the right fit for your honeymoon. Plus, clever ways to save money and get free goodies!
- Amy F Aurore, a Licensed Wedding Officiant, Premarital Guidance Coach and creator of 'How to Vow', will guide you through the process of conceptualizing, crafting, and delivering wedding vows with confidence.
- Ed Coambs, licensed couple + financial therapist, discusses the importance of prioritizing financial intimacy as an individual and as a couple.
- Exclusive invite to all future live series events and their recordings! (Next Up: fashion stylist, posing expert, "unboring!" officiant, and bridal fitness coach.)
Full Access Bonus
Program Completion Bonus
The team at WedEd and the industry professionals we surround ourselves with are here to make a positive impact and significant shift in the lives of DIY brides. And you are such an important part of this. We passionately believe that everyone deserves to be able to afford the luxury of having an enjoyable, stress-free, magical, memorable wedding day.
Upon completing the program, you’ll get:
- An exclusive invitation to join the WedEd Partner Program and become a part of the ongoing ripple effect of positively impacting the lives of DIY brides everywhere.
- The opportunity to share your experience with friends, family, online communities, vendors and earn back your investment.
- Keep sharing to actually make money for your wedding day!
PLUS You'll be Backed by a Risk-Free 14-Day Guarantee AND an Opportunity to Easily Make Back Your Investment
DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™ is the simplest, quickest, most affordable way to plan your wedding on your own. By the end of these 14 days, after having a chance to dive in and explore the 4-step “Planning with E.A.S.E.” framework, if you don’t feel totally confident and motivated by this program, simply reach out and we’ll refund you your investment.
If, however, you are loving and totally committed to making this program work for you, upon completion of the program you will be given an exclusive invitation to join us as a WedEd Partner where you can actually make money sharing DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™ with friends, family, online communities, your own wedding vendors and more.
This means not only can you very easily make back your investment, you can actually make money from it! Not to mention, you’ll have gone through the entire program and come out on the other side with clarity, calm, organization, confidence, excitement and a proven step-by-step system to fully plan your entire wedding in such a way where you won’t have to work a minute of it!
And that? ... Well that is priceless.
Frequently Asked Questions
What brides commonly asked wedding planning expert and DIY wedding enthusiast, Colleen Carswell, before signing up for DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™
I was just recently engaged. Will this program benefit me now or should I come back later?
My wedding is just around the corner, can this program still help me?
I’m already overwhelmed with wedding planning, are you sure this won’t just add to my stress? How can I be sure this is the right step for me?
Can I really make back my investment?
How long will I have access to the program material?
Still thinking about it?
Giving DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™ a 14-day risk-free shot is the PERFECT decision if any of the following rings true for you...
- You’re already investing hours and hours each week planning your wedding. At best, it seems inefficient. And worst, some days it just feels like you’re going in circles. You’re ready to have affordable, professional support and insight to help you really maximize your time so you can get more done, more easily and way faster!
- You want all your hours and hours upon days and days of planning - not to mention all the stress and tears of frustration that have come along with the territory so far - to allow you the freedom to actually enjoy your wedding day.
- Maybe you’re not yet convinced you can have a stress-free wedding week and even wedding month, too (don’t worry, I’ll show you exactly how to make this all happen shortly after joining), but you KNOW you are worthy and deserving of an incredible, magical, stress-free wedding day. Just ONE day is all you’re asking for here. All this has to be for something, right?
- You are just starting to enter into the midway-mayhem of wedding planning, maybe you have one foot still in engagement euphoria but you know it’s coming to an end sooner than later. Ideally, you’d like to avoid the messy middle, headache-laden, palpitation-inducing part of wedding planning entirely if at all possible. (Good news! If this is you, you’ve found your way right to where you are meant to be at just the right time.)
- You’re ready to claim back your time, your joy, your excitement. Like, now. RIGHT now. You’re done with the stress and overwhelm, the chaos and clutter. This isn’t how you envisioned your engagement going and you’re ready to rid yourself of this feeling once and for all so you can sit back with newly found peace of mind, calm and clarity to achieve the engagement and wedding of your dreams!
"My guests are still talking about how amazing my wedding was, and I firmly believe that with this support [helping me to] refine my day-of-timeline, ensuring that no detail was left behind, my wedding was truly perfect.”
"Every single detail was ironed out. This basically took a year of my DIY projects, planning and stressing and made it all come together to create my dream wedding."
"Three months before my big day I was having mini-nervous breakdowns every night, my mother and I were starting world war three and my fiancé was avoiding me because I was such a cranky person. This small investment was SO WORTH IT! Words cannot describe. A thousand thank you's!”
I can’t wait for you to join DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™!
I want you to have the wedding of your dreams within a budget you can afford.
There is a special place in my heart for creative, DIY brides working their tails off to plan, design and decorate the perfect wedding day, all (or mostly) on their own. Very few people can do what you’re doing. You are creative in all the ways - with your decor, your spending, your thrifting and your ingenuity.
Simply stated: you are absolutely incredible.
Here’s something I feel would be helpful for you to know about me, the person you’ll be spending time with throughout this program: I went into business for DIY brides specifically. I didn’t just happen upon a few DIY weddings here and there. They don’t just make up less than 1% of the weddings I’ve designed and planned as they do for most other planners.
DIY weddings are the majority of my extensive background in weddings and events. All the services I created when I owned my on-location business were designed with DIY brides in mind. Day-of setup and breakdown services, DIY support and craft parties, affordable a la carte day-of wedding planning … and now, DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™.
There is not a program out there like this one. And if there is, and I just haven’t found it yet, I can nearly guarantee it does not come from someone who has been so passionate about serving DIY brides for so many years.
I know your heart and your fears, what brings you joy and what causes you angst. I know how a glue gun in your hand is your happy place and how you are always looking to make the things everyone else just goes out and buys. That you don’t just do it because it can save money (you and I both know this is laughable ... on more than one (or 100) occasions it has cost me far more to make-the-thing than to just buy-the-thing).
For you, it’s the joy in learning a new skill or tool, the feeling of accomplishment and pride in seeing what you were able to create, the memory it unlocks years in the future as you hold the embodiment of your own unique creativity, ingenuity, (and often blood, sweat, burns and tears) in your hands...
I want your wedding day to elicit these same emotions. Your creativity should be nurtured, embraced, and celebrated. And all those other things you know nothing or care nothing about, well, that’s where I can help.
I was a DIY bride and I have purposely surrounded myself with the creative, inspiring energy of DIY brides for most of my career.
You deserve to have the wedding of your dreams. You are worthy of a beautiful celebration of love, one free of worry and stress. One you can actually enjoy, filled with laughter and friendship, giddiness and pure happiness … and nothing less.
I want you to be confident in this investment. I want you to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is just what you need. You owe it to yourself, your partner, and your future together to take this risk-free leap and experience firsthand the calm, clarity, and confidence that’s possible and waiting for you on the other side.
If I guaranteed you wouldn’t fall, would you take the leap? If there was nothing to lose and everything to gain, would you do it?
Should you choose to accept my heartfelt invitation, I personally guarantee that what you will learn and implement throughout DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™ will be completely and utterly life changing for you and the future you are creating together with your partner.
I look forward to meeting you personally inside DIY Wedding Planning Made Easy™.
ALL my best.